Quick Start Guide
This page provides an overview of the installation and deployment process for Quasar in your environment.
1. Install Quasar Tools
Quasar consists of:
- Quasar Server: Runs on the Quasar Service to support the scanning processes.
- Quasar UI: Used to create, manage, and export jobs.
- Agents: Agents are installed on each of the servers / workstations that need to be scanned.
2. Configure Network Ports
Quasar requires the following ports to be open for communications from the Agents to the Quasar Server:
- TCP 55555 (five-fives)
- TCP 55557 (four-fives-seven)
- TCP 55559 (four-fives-nine)
3. Configure Scans, Perform Scans, and Analyse the Results
The standard scanning process is an iterative process.
- Create a job with the desired timeframe.
- Run the job and wait for it to complete.
- Export the results.
- Analyse the results.
- Find the cardholder data identified and either (1) securely delete it, or (2) store it as per PCI DSS requirements.
- Identify the targets you need to re-scan to ensure that the cardholder data has been removed or protected.